Potential for significant town centre commercial and residential development at high density
TOWN CENTRE MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT SITE
• Arklow comprises a vibrant coastal commuter town in south county Wicklow with a population of 14,353 persons as at the 2016 Census.
• The site comprises an attractive development opportunity overlooking the River Avoca and with prominent frontage to Upper Main Street in centre of Arklow.
• The site is located within approx. 500 metres from Arklow Train Station providing services on the Dublin Connolly – Rosslare Europort and the Commuter & DART routes.
• The site is located roughly equidistant to junctions 20 and 21 of the M11 motorway providing good road access to Dublin and the national road network.
(Within Approx. Distances)
Arklow Train Station (Dublin-Rosslare route) 500M
Arklow Gold Club 1.2 KM
Wicklow Town 22 KM
Junction 16 of the M50 Motorway / Cherrywood 50KM
Bridgewater Shopping Centre 700M
Junction 20 of the M11 Motorway 2.7 km
NEARBY LOCAL AMENITIES AND FACILITIES TO THE SITE INCLUDE:
Local shops, cafés and bars of Main Street
Bridgewater Shopping Centre with occupiers including Dunnes Stores, Boots, TK Maxx, River Island, Starbucks and a nine screen Omniplex Cinema.
Arklow Geraldines Ballymoney GAA Club
Two national schools and separate boys’ and girls’ secondary schools
•The property comprises a broadly triangular shaped site of approximately 2.8 hectares / 6.94 acres, which currently incorporates agricultural land and a number of buildings, including a former cinema, fronting onto Upper Main Street and Parade Ground.
• The property benefits from a licence agreement for an advertising hoarding on the former Ormond Cinema building, currently producing a licence fee of €4,500 per annum.
• Zoned TC Town Centre ‘To provide for the development and improvement of appropriate town centre uses including retail, commercial, office and civic use, and to provide for ‘Living Over the Shop’ residential accommodation, or other ancillary residential accommodation.’
• The site is identified within the Arklow and Environs Local Area Plan 2018 – 2024 as a target development site referred to as ‘The Alps Opportunity Site’ with the stated objectives for the site to provide a mixed commercial and residential development with between 120 and 160 residential units.
• Lapsed planning permission, originally granted by Arklow Town Council on 22nd August 2008 (Ref:08/610058) and then on Appeal by An Bord Plenála on 13th August 2010 (Ref: PL33.231008), for the construction of a mixed use development of 74 residential units, retail, office, hotel, medical centre and crèche.
Interested parties are required to satisfy themselves on the availability and adequacy of all services.
The property is held freehold / long leasehold.
Please contact Hooke & MacDonald on +353 (0) 631 8403 or Joint agents REA Forkin + 353 (0) 404 61933