We, Hooke & MacDonald of 118 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2 wish to draw to the attention of visitors and users of this website the following Privacy Statement.
Please read this privacy statement carefully as it sets out why we ask for your personal information, what information we hold, how that information will be used, with whom we will share it and how you can access and/or amend your information if necessary. By providing your personal information you consent to the processing and where necessary the transferring of personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
In this Statement the words ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means users and visitors of this website and any other website owned or controlled by a Hooke & MacDonald Ltd. In this Statement the words ‘We’, ‘Our’ and ‘Us’ refer to Hooke & MacDonald Ltd the company
Who we are:
Here at Hooke & MacDonald we are committed to protecting the personal data of all our clients and customers. We do this by keeping all data safe and secure and by only processing the data that we need in order to provide the most efficient and transparent service possible. Hooke & MacDonald review all data privacy policies and procedures on an ongoing basis in order to provide clients and customers with the very best and safest services possible. Hooke & MacDonald confirm that our data handling processes are in line with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts as we adhere to the following key principles: –
- We are committed to only processing personal data for the purpose it is provided;
- We aim to be transparent and open in respect of how and why we collect and process any personal data; and
- We take measures to ensure your personal data is kept safe, secure and fully confidential.
As the entity that collects and processes your personal data we at Hooke & MacDonald are defined under EU law as the “Data Controller”. This means we are responsible for ensuring that all personal data provided is processed in accordance with our privacy statement, terms and conditions and applicable legislation. Hooke & MacDonald has in place appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that our staff only collects information that is needed about you and that the information collected is kept in a confidential and secure manner.
By simply visiting our website you do not disclose, nor do we collect personal information about you. From time to time, our internet service provider will provide internet traffic details to us, but in such circumstances this does not result in us receiving or collecting your personal data. The data we may receive may be limited to the logical address (or IP address) of your server, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example www.hookemacdonald.ie), the type of web-browser you use, the date and time you accessed our site and the internet address from which your visit originates. We will use this information to help us to improve our website and for statistical analysis.
Types of information Collected:
To allow us to provide our services and to run our business, if a customer/client chooses to register his/her interest in any service we offer or property listed, we will require some basic personal information in order to facilitate the initial request. The type of information necessary may vary depending on the circumstances of the query but will most likely include:
- Contact Details (such as telephone numbers, email addresses and mailing address)
- The purpose of the enquiry;
- Preferences in respect of service sought (e.g. Specified Property/Valuations)
In the event that the customer/client wishes to further pursue any of the services about which he/she initially enquired, we may require additional personal information for legitimate business reasons, verification purposes and/or to comply with legislation. Any such additional personal information will be collected and handled line with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts.
How we Collect Data:
Hooke & MacDonald collect personal information required for the services we provide in a number of different ways. All information is provided by customers and clients directly to Hooke & MacDonald via completed forms, phone, email, text messaging (SMS), website, automated enquiry portal on property website or any other faculty for contacting us as is required in order to avail of a relevant service.
As the person about whom information is collected and/or retained and/or processed you are defined under EU law as the “Data Subject”. As a Data Subject you have certain legal rights to control your information and the manner in which we process it. These include but are not limited to:
- The Right to access by the data subject: You have the right to know what personal data we process pertaining to you the data subject;
- The Right to Rectification and Erasure: You have the right to request incorrect or obsolete data in relation to you the data subject be updated or deleted;
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances;
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances (for example if you believe that we are not using your information in a lawful manner);
- Right to data portability: You have the to receive the personal information you provide to us in a portable format.
For your convenience we have outlined some of your rights above but you can find a full list of data subject rights in Articles 15-22 of the General Data Protection Regulations EU 2016/679 (GDPR).
Here at Hooke & MacDonald We have in place measures and processes to enable you to exercise your rights and ensure that we can fulfill your requests concerning the personal information that we hold about you.
For more information about your rights, including the circumstances in which you can exercise them and how to exercise them please send an email titled “Data Request” to email@example.com and one of our compliance team will be in touch to assist you.
Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to provide certain services to you.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us in and of the following ways”
- In person – visit any of our branches and speak to a member of staff;
- In writing – 118 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2.
- Online – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BY telephone – 01 66 10 100
We hope that we can address any concerns you may have, but you can always contact the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Phone: +353(0761)104800, LoCall: 1890252231, Fax:+353578684757, email email@example.com
Changes to the way we use your information:
From time to time we may change the way we use your information and we reserve the right to do so. We encourage you to check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website and we will do our best to inform you of the relevant changes.
How we Use and Share Personal Data:
Hooke & MacDonald value the personal information that is being processed and will only use this for the purpose it is intended and where it is necessary for us to carry out our lawful business activities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing information about a service or property listing in which someone has expressed an interest;
- Responding to any customer/client/tenant queries that may be sent to us in respect of a service, property listing or in our role as property and/or block managers
- Verifying that criteria has been met in regard to Existing Service Level Agreements and complying with any legislative requirements in that regard;
- Monitoring and recording information in order to improve relationship efficiency between Hooke & MacDonald and a data subject;
- Sending out information in regards to future launches, property opportunities, market research and events if applicable
Personal information provided is only shared with the relevant company departments internally and when applicable, will be provided to a landlord/owner of a property or his/her appointed representatives in accordance with legitimate business purpose. We will share your information with third parties we use on a limited basis following due diligence and in accordance with our internal procedures.
In our role of property manager and or block manager we may also be required to share personal information with authorised service contractors in order for completion of a service.
We only share your data when there is a clear requirement to do so and always do so in a secure manner.
We may in some cases transfer, store, or process your personal information in locations outside the Ireland and the European Economic Area (EEA). Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of the Ireland, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
We’ll use one of these safeguards:
- Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Learn more on the European Commission Justice website.
- Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA. Read more about this here on the European Commission Justice website.
- Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for information sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used within the EEA. You can find out more about information protection on the European Commission Justice website.
Where you explicitly consent, we may also pass your personal information on to a third party/parties who we believe may be of assistance in respect of services that we offer (e.g. Finance Provider). Please note that your consent as noted here is provided to any successor or assignee of our company.
We will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
Please note you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us and change your communication preferences. This can be done by clicking the unsubscribe option which is at the bottom of each marketing email.
We inform all persons who submit their personal information to us of the foregoing conditions by way of this Privacy Statement.
How we protect your Personal Data:
In addition, we have appropriate policies and procedures in place and all of our processes and policies are reviewed regularly to ensure personal information is processed safely.
When we use service providers or other data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we require them to follow our instructions and apply appropriate security measures to protect the personal information they process on our behalf.
How we Retain Personal Data:
Hooke & MacDonald have processes in place for the retention and dispensing of personal information. The length of time for which information will be retained will be in accordance with the purpose of the information being processed, the type of information being processed and the legal regulations pertaining to the information processed.
If you require further information in respect of any of the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact Hooke & MacDonald on 01 6610 100 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.