The property is situated in an established residential location on the southern side of Ballinalee Road, approximately 1 km east of bustling Longford town centre.
Longford is a vibrant cathedral town which is the county town of the fastest growing county in the state, County Longford in the Irish midlands, which recorded a population growth of 14% between the 2016 and 2022 censuses. Home to approximately a third of the county's population, Longford town is a popular location in which to live and boasts a range of excellent shopping, leisure, and sporting amenities.
Longford is home to many multinational companies and international brands. Abbott, the world leading medical device manufacturer employs c. 1,000 people. The international food company, Green Isle Foods, is also a good employer, as is the Department of Social Welfare with over 400 people employed and the Prison Service, 200 people. This all creates strong demand for housing in the area.
There are five primary schools locally and three secondary schools, St. Mels College, Soil Mhuire and Templemichael College.
Longford is also very conveniently located for access to Dublin City, Galway City and Sligo town, with Longford railway station, on the Dublin-Sligo line, heavily used by commuters, and the N4, N5 and N63 National Primary Roads all converging around the town.
Nearby the property (approx. distances):
• Main Street, Longford town centre 1.2 km
• Longford railway station 1 km
• Longford Centre Shopping Centre 1 km
• N4 Axis Centre (retail park) 1.7 km
• N4 National Primary Road 850 m
The property comprises a residential development site of approximately 3.53 hectares (8.71 acres) and approximately 200 meters of frontage onto Ard Michael, with full planning permission for a scheme of 93 no. two and three-bedroom detached, semi-detached and terraced houses.
Under the Longford County Development Plan 2021 2027 the site is zoned Residential and Strategic Residential Reserve.
The property has full planning permission (Ref: 22/153) for a scheme of 93 no. two and three-bedroom, detached, semi-detached houses, and terraced houses comprised as follows;
• 19 no. two-bedroom terraced houses (Type A) of approx. 85 sq m (915 sq ft);
• 28 no. three-bedroom terraced houses (Type B) of approx. 126.7 sq m (1,363 sq ft);
• 44 no. three-bedroom semi-detached houses (Type C) of approx. 120.5 sq m (1,297 sq ft); and
• 2 no. three-bedroom detached houses (Type D) of approx. 133 sq m (1,432 sq ft).